Monday, January 7, 2008

Test this as a messageboard

Soccer information for the Athens, Ohio area can be easily posted here.

I also had a few moments to try something out today. My wife has been playing with a blogging website and has mentioned how easy it is, compared to maintaining a website. I gave it a few minutes and was able to set up the website: athenssoccerinfo.blogspot.com
Some features are:

  1. We can post information and anyone with web access can check for updates, news, etc.
    - I'm thinking we could add posts like "Soccer Saturday at 4 at the library".
  2. I can add each of you (or others) as authors so you can add your own posts.
    - Allows distributed communication.
    - May make minutes easier to post and communicate for GASA
  3. Any reader can reply to posts.
    - Nice to get feedback, which would cover about 3 or 4 subjects flying around the emails lately.
    - Even to just decide if there is a quorum to play.

If you think this is a good idea, I can add you (all, individually, or others) as authors. I can also add the Sunday soccer rules/form as a post. By the way, the site registration is free.

Finally, everything you see was set up in less than half an hour, so all design/titles, etc is open for criticism, change. More bits are easy to add. (The poll is an example: It took 1 minute to add.)

No comments: